Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɑːkaɪv/; (US) IPA(key): /ˈɑɹkaɪv/
- enPR: är'kīv'
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
archive (plural archives)
- A place for storing earlier, and often historical, material. An archive usually contains documents (letters, records, newspapers, etc.) or other types of media kept for historical interest.
- The material so kept, considered as a whole (compare archives).
- His archive of Old High German texts is the most extensive in Britain.
place for storing earlier material
- To put into an archive.
- I was planning on archiving the documents from 2001.
archive f (plural archives)
- an item in an archive, a document kept for historical interest
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “archive” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of archivar.
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of archivar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of archivar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of archivar.