Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
armament (plural armaments)
- A body of forces equipped for war.
- (military, naval) All the cannon and small arms collectively, with their equipments, belonging to a ship or a fortification.
- Any equipment for resistance.
- The process of building up military capacity.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
armament m (plural armaments)