Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (postpositive) To a great extent or degree; very.
- It was icy as hell that morning and as I put my brakes on the van just kept going.
- the 88-year-old is in fact as "happy as hell" about her new novel Go Set a Watchman,
- Kim is as phony as all hell
- 1599: William Shakespeare, Henry V
- With conscience wide as hell, mowing like grass
- 2001: Dan Brown, Angels & Demons
- Two thousand years of waiting for their Messiah, and they're still persistent as hell.
- 2004: James W. Huston, Secret Justice
- Just annoying as hell, as obnoxious as hell, and as effective as hell.
Even though he was frightened for them, even though he was scared as hell to fail them, it felt so good to know these people cared when he hurt!— Teralee E. M. Bird
May also be used in conjunction with a prepositive as; for example, as mean as hell.