Jump to navigation Jump to search
a- + synchronous
asynchronous (not comparable)
- Not synchronous; occurring at different times.
- 2013, Al Cooper, Sex and the Internet: A Guide Book for Clinicians, page 215:
- These cyberforums are asynchronous; that is, contributors post (i.e., publish a text message) without the need for fellow communicants to be online at the same time.
- (computing, of a request or a message) Allowing the client to continue during processing.
- (computing, communication) Having many actions occurring at a time, in any order, without waiting for each other.
- async (colloquial)
- asynch (colloquial)
(computing) allowing the client to continue during processing of a request or a message