Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Fear or hatred of atheism or atheists
- 2003 Spring, Nash, Robert J., “Inviting Atheists to the Table: A Modest Proposal for Higher Education”, in Religion & Education, volume 30, number 1, New York, DOI:10.1080/15507394.2003.10012315, ISSN 1550-7394:
- At many institutions, I have found atheophobia to be rampant among students; and religiophobia to be common among faculty.
- 2009 Spring, Goodman, Kathleen M.; Mueller, John A., “Invisible, marginalized, and stigmatized: Understanding and addressing the needs of atheist students”, in New Directions for Student Services, number 125, DOI:10.1002/ss.308, ISSN 0164-7970, pages 55-63:
- Atheophobia leads to invisibility for many atheists, who find it is best to keep their nonbelief hidden for their own good.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:atheophobia.