Jump to navigation Jump to search
Borrowed from French au naturel (literally “in the natural”).
au naturel (not comparable)
- In the plainest or simplest manner.
- In the nude: in the naked state.
- Bella loved posing for the artist au naturel.
- Having untrimmed pubic hair (especially of women).
- 2018, August McLaughlin, Girl Boner: The Good Girl's Guide to Sexual Empowerment, Amberjack Publishing, →ISBN:
- “There's nary a pubic hair in sight in most porn,” wrote Cindy Gallop in Make Love Not Porn, “which puts a whole lot of grooming pressure on women and is actually rather depressing for those men who like women au naturel.”
- Without makeup and with one's natural hair color.
- in the nude
- most simply, most plainly
- (food) without seasoning, flavouring or dressing
- thon au naturel -- tuna-fish in brine
- (heraldry) proper
- English terms borrowed from French
- English terms derived from French
- English lemmas
- English adverbs
- English uncomparable adverbs
- English multiword terms
- English terms with usage examples
- English terms with quotations
- French terms with IPA pronunciation
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French adverbs
- French multiword terms