Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Britain dialectal) A going back; a returning; the way back.
- (Britain dialectal) A retrograde, especially in health, circumstances, or conditions; a relapse.
- (Britain dialectal, chiefly Scotland) Behind or late in payment or rent; in arrears.
- 1836, Sir Walter Scott, Waverley Novels: Redgauntlet:
- I have heard of a thing they call Doomsday book―I am clear it has been a rental of back-ganging tenants.
- (Britain dialectal, of persons or animals) Not thriving; not prosperous.