Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In unfortunate circumstances, especially having financial difficulty.
- 1975, Grover Maxwell, Robert Milford Anderson, Induction, Probability, and Confirmation, page 126
- Since both modes are equally bad off, it would seem that we are just as well advised to embrace hypothetico-inferential reasoning in all its fullness
- 1985, Walker Percy, Lewis A. Lawson, Victor A. Kramer, Conversations with Walker Percy, page 111
- Who is worse off? This poor fellow who is desperately neurotic to the point of being amnesic, and wandering in and out of fugues, as bad off as he was? Or the so-called well-adjusted, productive businessman, and so forth, who is clinically sane by the same standards?