Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (music) A stringed instrument of Mexican origin, with twelve thick strings in six double-courses, with a short neck and a deep soundboard; a type of acoustic bass guitar.
- 2023 June 2, Jon Pareles, Giovanni Russonello, Lindsay Zoladz, “A Lost (and Found) John Coltrane Recording, and 9 More New Songs”, in The New York Times:
- He sings about being spurned, drunk, rebounding and flaunting his blingy Patek Phillipe watch as Bizarrap quantizes regional Mexican acoustic sounds — the syncopated chords and trombone of a brass band, the slapping bass lines of a bajo sexto, solos on high-strung Mexican guitars — into a computerized track.
- 2013. Encyclopedia of Latin American Popular Music. "Bajo Sexto". Edited by George Torres. Pg. 24.
- 2001. Pure Conjunto. Edited by Juan Tejeda, Avelardo Valdez. Pg. 129.