Jump to navigation Jump to search
bakery (plural bakeries)
- A shop in which bread (and often other baked goods such as cakes) is baked and/or sold.
- The trade of a baker.
- (uncountable, US) Baked goods.
- Fresh bakery!
- 2011 January 27, Will Kalinke, Grandma Is a Saint, Trafford Publishing, →ISBN, OCLC 1152274089, page 9:
- Then, later, I think I saw them at Lemke's Tomahawk Foods getting roasted chicken from the delicatessen and at Nelson's County Market picking up some bakery and fruit. It looked like they were going on a picnic.
- 2011 September 7, Ann Carol, Dark Places, Author House, →ISBN, page 196:
- She set about preparing the house for everyone to come over. She and Danielle made the sandwiches and put them in the refrigerator. They got out plates, glasses, napkins and silverware and set up a buffet table. Chuck went to the bakery and got some bakery.
- 2017 May 1, James S. Peters, Sadakichi Hartmann, Alien Son: A Biography, Sunstone Press, →ISBN, LCCN 2016046708, OCLC 975173557, page 121:
- Perhaps she would be able to bring me something to eat in the evening. Still it was doubtful if she could get away. I better had let her buy some bakery for me. With some inconceivable pride, or rather stubbornness, as I wanted money, I refused. In consequence, I suffered all night and the next day and the following night.
- 2018 December 15, Hannah Katherine Klumb, The Suicide Bridge, Waterton Publishing Company, →ISBN, page 35:
- “The next morning I woke up and she was fast asleep. Guess I did pass out for a while. So I thought I would go surprise her, and I bought her some flowers and picked up some bakery in town. But when I got back, she wasn't in bed. […] ”
- 2019 November 19, Wang YueShuangJiao, Super Bodyguard to Goddess Boss: Volume 2, Funstory, →ISBN, OCLC 1128200266, page 72:
- Shen Lian thought for a moment, walked up to the table, and picked up some bakery, wine, and fruits. He then walked to the sofa in the corner of the hall and started eating without a care in the world.
a shop in which bread and such is baked and sold
- → Bengali: বেকারি (bekari)
- → Hindi: बेकरी (bekrī)
- → Korean: 베이커리 (beikeori)
- → Mongolian: бэйкери (beykyöri)