- (Britain, slang) banter
- 2012 September 22, "Complete Ledge", “TV OD with Complete Ledge: Doomsday Preppers”, in The Guardian:
- Top bants, says Twitter's master 'Target Smasher'
- 2013 September 1, Rebecca Armstrong, “Office noise: put up or shut up”, in The Independent:
- In my office, bants come thick and fast, but when other departments blare out video clips, I can’t help thinking wistfully of a headphones-only zone.
- 2014 March 15, "Thinking Drinkers", “A beginners guide to Irish whiskey”, in The Daily Telegraph:
- It’s St Patrick’s day on Monday so, hey you guys, like, put on a green wig and drink some Guinness, yeah? Yeah. Top bants, you guys.