Jump to navigation Jump to search
baseless (not comparable)
- Of reasoning: based on something that is not true.
- baseless accusations; baseless rumors
- 2016 January 31, "Is Huma Abedin Hillary Clinton’s Secret Weapon or Her Next Big Problem?," Vanity Fair (retrieved 21 January 2016):
- But Rodríguez says, “Neither the law nor the facts support Senator Grassley’s baseless allegations and extrapolated conclusions.
- Without a physical base.
- 2009, Penelope Curtis, On the meanings of sculpture in painting, volume 1, page 18:
- More significant still — and most obviously in debt to the painterly imagination — this floating statue is the first baseless statue ever made. It is as though Bernini had taken Michelangelo's 'Pieta' and made it fly.
based on something that is not true — see unfounded