beggar + -ly
beggarly (comparative beggarlier, superlative beggarliest)
- In the manner of a beggar; poverty-stricken; mean; poor; contemptible.
- beggarly fellow
- Fit for a beggar; occasioned by begging.
- beggarly rags
- Jeremy Taylor
- Beggarly sins, that is, those sins which idleness and beggary usually betray men to; such as lying, flattery, stealing, and dissimulation.
- (by extension) inadequate or meagre.
beggarly (comparative more beggarly, superlative most beggarly)
- In an indigent, mean, or despicable manner; in the manner of a beggar.