Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To fill with shock, awe, wonder, or amazement; inspire; enthuse.
- 1844, Thomas Hood, Hood's magazine and comic miscellany: Volume 1:
- [...] And all, but my own heart-wound I Beside me, (as I sat alone, Beghasted with wild dreams), [...]
- 1904, Julius M. Parker, God Never Spoke:
- […] the beast of the earth after his kind, every thing that creepeth after his kind, and, as it were, the dod-begasted lie after his kind.
- 1942, Phil Stong, The iron mountain:
- "Oh, but Fräulein! You beghast me! Such an honor!"