Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
beginner (plural beginners)
- Someone who is just starting at something, or has only recently started.
- I'm pretty new at learning Japanese, I'm just a beginner.
- Someone who sets (or puts) something in motion.
- The beginner of the games lit the ceremonial torch.
- See also Wikisaurus:beginner
someone who just recently started
someone who sets something in motion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- beginner in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- beginner in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Someone who is just starting something, or has only recently started (similar to English)
- Hij kan goed schaken voor een beginner - He plays chess well for a beginner