Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, intransitive) To torture as with pains of hell; give hell (to).
- Did behell and rack him ― Hewyt.
- 1936, Frederick Walker Mott, Archives of neurology and psychiatry:
- Thus a mechanic who feels himself electrically influenced speaks of "brain-kilowatt-hours", or a resistive patient talks of "behelling" injections.
- 2006, Philangi Dasa, Swedenborg the Buddhist:
- I have seen them behell a saint for ignorantly drinking an alcoholic drink. Beshrew the sanctimonious riffraff!