Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having the ability to be bent easily.
- Bendy rulers are far more fun than the wooden ones.
- (informal) Of a person, flexible; having the ability to bend easily.
2010 September 1, Jackie K. Cooper, “Ashley Bell: The Last Exorcism Introduces the "Bendy" Girl”, Huffington Post, retrieved 2013-05-09:
- When I was in the scene in the barn he encouraged me to do as many contortions as I could, and he seemed to like the fact I was so ''bendy.' … After all how many young actresses in Hollywood are "bendy"?
- Containing many bends and twists.
- a bendy road
- Of a vehicle, articulated.
2009 January 31, Deal Book, “Defining Good or Bad Design”, NYT, retrieved 2013-05-09:
- “The bendy bus is very easy to get on to and can carry twice as many passengers and more people can sit down,” Ms. Cottam said.
- (heraldry) Divided into diagonal bands of colour
- (having the ability to be bent easily): flexible, pliable, supple
- (of a person): flexible, limber, lissom or lissome, lithe, supple
- (having many bends and twists): sinuous, tortuous, twisted, twisty, winding, windy
- (articulated): articulated, jointed
Having the ability to be bent easily
Of a vehicle, articulated
bendy (plural bendies)
- The Manual of Heraldry, Fifth Edition, by Anonymous, London, 1862, online at