Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A spice mixture, usually consisting of chili peppers, garlic, ginger, basil, and other spices, which is used in Ethiopian and Eritrean cuisine.
- ^ Matt Lee and Ted Lee, The Next Big Flavor, in The New York Times (2003 May 4)
- ^ Amanda Bevill, Julie Kramis Hearne, World Spice at Home: New Flavors for 75 Favorite Dishes (ISBN 1570619085, 2014)
berbere m f (plural berberes)
- Berber (member of northwest African ethnic group)
berbere m (uncountable)
- Berber (a group of closely related languages)