Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Bevel
bevel (plural bevels)
- An edge that is canted, one that is not a 90 degree angle; a chamfer.
- to give a bevel to the edge of a table or a stone slab
- An instrument consisting of two rules or arms, jointed together at one end, and opening to any angle, for adjusting the surfaces of work to the same or a given inclination; a bevel square.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Gwilt to this entry?)
An edge that is canted, one that is not a 90 degree angle
give a canted edge to a surface
- Having the slant of a bevel; slanting.
- a bevel angle
- Morally distorted; not upright.
- I may be straight, though they themselves be bevel.