Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bifurcation (plural bifurcations)
- (biology) A division into two branches.
- (by extension) Any place where one thing divides into two.
- The act of bifurcating; branching or dividing in two.
- Either of the forks or other branches resultant from such a division.
- (geography) A place where two roads, tributaries etc. part or meet.
- (nautical) The point where a channel divides when proceeding from seaward.
- (mathematics) The change in the qualitative or topological structure of a given family as decribed by bifurcation theory.
- (computer science) A command that executes one block or other of commands depending on the result of a condition.
biology: division into two branches
any place where one divides into two
act of bifurcating
a place where two roads, tributaries etc. part or meet
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
bifurcation f (plural bifurcations)
- A bifurcation, where two roads etc. part or meet
- bifurquer (verb)