Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /bɪ.ˈzɑː.nəs/
- (US) IPA(key): /bɪ.ˈzɑɹ.nəs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: bi‧zarre‧ness
- (uncountable) The state or quality of being bizarre.
- 2007 June 18, Ginia Bellafante, “Doctor, Give Me the News, and Sew Me Up Pretty”, in New York Times:
- Here doctors confront diseases that are obscure and vaguely medieval, the triumph over them further romanticized by the sheer bizarreness of the challenge.
- 2009 February 13, Barry Cipra, “JOINT MATHEMATICS MEETINGS: Can Mathematics Map the Way Toward Less-Bizarre Elections?”, in Science, volume 323, number 5916, →DOI:
- Using block data from the 2000 census, Miller and Chambers have computed bizarreness for the congressional districts of Connecticut, Maryland, and New Hampshire.
- (countable) The result or product of being bizarre.