- (UK) IPA(key): /bɪ.ˈzɑː.nəs/
- (US) IPA(key): /bɪ.ˈzɑɹ.nəs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: bi‧zarre‧ness
- (uncountable) The state or quality of being bizarre.
2007 June 18, Ginia Bellafante, “Doctor, Give Me the News, and Sew Me Up Pretty”, in New York Times:
- Here doctors confront diseases that are obscure and vaguely medieval, the triumph over them further romanticized by the sheer bizarreness of the challenge.
2009 February 13, Barry Cipra, “JOINT MATHEMATICS MEETINGS: Can Mathematics Map the Way Toward Less-Bizarre Elections?”, in Science, volume 323, number 5916, DOI:10.1126/science.323.5916.874a:
- Using block data from the 2000 census, Miller and Chambers have computed bizarreness for the congressional districts of Connecticut, Maryland, and New Hampshire.
- (countable) The result or product of being bizarre.