Jump to navigation Jump to search
blackfaced (not comparable)
- Having a black face.
- 2002, Tina Matlock, Guava and Cheese, page 33:
- “Señor Ponte, bet on Bandito,” Manny yelled, lifting his blackfaced bird as it expanded and ruffled its feathers
- Wearing blackface theater makeup.
- 1996, Barry Witham, Theatre in the United States - A Documentary History, page 160:
- Among the most popular forms of theatrical entertainment in the nineteenth-century American theatre were the blackfaced minstrel troupes.