Ecclesiastical, from Ancient Greek βλασφημέω (blasphēméō).
present active blasphēmō, present infinitive blasphēmāre (no perfective)
- I blaspheme, reproach, revile.
- 405, Jerome and others, Vulgate, Marcus 3:29
- qui autem blasphemaverit in Spiritum Sanctum non habet remissionem in aeternum sed reus erit aeterni delicti
- But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
- First conjugation, but supposedly with no perfective forms (but see quote above).