See also: bleeding-heart
- Any of various perennial plants, of the family Papaveraceae, subfamily Fumarioideae, often having pink heart-shaped flowers, including:
- Lamprocapnos spectabilis (formerly Dicentra spectabilis), a popular garden plant with arching sprays of pendent red and white (or pure white) flowers.
- Dicentra, a genus native to eastern Asia and North America, some species with colors and shape similar to Lamprocapnos spectabilis.
- Ehrendorferia, a genus native to California, usually with yellow flowers of similar shape.
- Dactylicapnos, a genus native to Himalayas and mountainous areas of South China, Burma and Vietnam, usually with yellow flowers of similar shape.
- Flowering shrubs, lianas, or small trees of the mint family Lamiaceae, in the genus Clerodendrum.
- The bleeding heart tree, Homalanthus populifolius, an Australian rainforest plant.
- A person considered to be over-sympathetic to the plight of the underprivileged, exploited, helpless, or to casualties of circumstance.
- (Lamprocapnos spectabilis): Dutchman's breeches, lyre flower, lady-in-a-bath
- (Ehrendorferia): eardrop
- (Clerodendrum): glorybower, bagflower
- (Homalanthus populifolius): Queensland poplar
a person considered to be over-sympathetic to the plight of the underprivileged