From Middle English blisfully, blisfulliche, blisvolliche, equivalent to blissful + -ly.
blissfully (comparative more blissfully, superlative most blissfully)
- In a blissful, happy or joyful manner.
- 1834 Heman Humphrey - Miscellaneous Discourses and Reviews
- What changes will be wrought in the character and condition of mankind, as the millennium advances and rolls blissfully away.
- 2000 Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee - Love Is a Fire: A Sufi's Mystical Journey Home
- I walked the blissfully painful path of human love with intoxication and tears, always knowing that love's essence was elsewhere, hidden and yet addictively present.