Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- The state of being blocked.
- 1962 August, G. Freeman Allen, “Traffic control on the Great Northern Line”, in Modern Railways, page 133:
- Only when one has seen a Control Office at first-hand does one realise the vast amount of unsparing but largely unsung work that is behind the eventual publication, perhaps, of a paragraph in this journal's "Motive Power Miscellany" recording the appearance, within hours of the complete blockage of a main line, of many of its trains, passenger and freight, on routes quite foreign to them; and of effective emergency services either side of the disaster area.
- A thing that is blocking; an obstruction.
- There was a blockage in the sewer, so we called out the plumber.
state of being blocked