- Of a person or animal, having blue eyes.
- (idiomatic) Someone's favorite, as in blue-eyed boy
1960, P. G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing, chapter XI:
- “I wouldn't marry anyone else if they came to me bringing apes, ivory and peacocks. Tell me what he was like as a boy.” “Oh, much the same as the rest of us.” “Nonsense!” “Except, of course, for rescuing people from burning buildings and saving blue-eyed children from getting squashed by runaway horses.” “He did that a lot?” “Almost daily.”
- performed by whites (Caucasians): blue-eyed jazz
- Caucasian: blue-eyed performer
having blue eyes