Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɒbə(ɹ)
bobber (plural bobbers)
- One who takes part in apple bobbing.
- 2005, Robin Mercer, The Warm Wonderful World of Hospitality, page 137:
- Put apples in a kitchen sink, a bathtub or a large shallow bucket filled with water. Each player must grab an apple with his or her teeth, using no hands. The fun of bobbing is for the bobbers to get wet! So don't forget the towels.
- (fishing) A buoyant device (frequently made of cork) attached to a line so as to suspend the end of the line with the hook (and bait or lure) above the bottom.
- A style of custom motorcycle with stripped-down bodywork and a shortened (or "bobbed") rear fender.
buoyant fishing device — see float