booking (plural bookings)
- The act or process of writing something down in a book or books, e.g. in accounting.
- A reservation for a service, such as accommodation in an hotel.
- The engagement of a performer for a particular performance.
- (sports) The issuing of a caution which is usually written down in a book, and results in a yellow card or (after two bookings) a red card, that is to say, the player is sent from the field of play.
- (law) The process of photographing, fingerprinting and recording identifying data of a suspect following arrest.
writing something in (a) book(s)
reservation for a service
engagement of a performer
sports: issuing of a caution
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.