See also: Boots
- plural of
- (Jamaica, slang, plural only) A condom.
- (condom): see also Thesaurus:condom.
boots (plural bootses)
- (dated) A servant at a hotel etc. who cleans and blacks the boots and shoes.
2001, Jamie O'Neill, At Swim, Two Boys, New York: Scribner, ISBN 0-7432-2294-6, page 411:
- The young man with Doyler, who indeed no longer worked at Lee's of Kingstown, but had advanced to a position of boots and bottle-washer at the Russell Hotel adjacent the Green, was looking uneasy. [...] The boots was sure.
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of boot