Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The state or condition of being boring.
1948, John Lehmann, The Penguin new writing:
- Instinctively, before they had a chance to open their mouths, she knew not only that they were bores but the quality of their boringness.
- 1964, Stephen Spender, Congress for Cultural Freedom, Encounter:
- More than one critic has said, of course, that the boringness of the "New Novel" is a feature of its authenticity.
- 1997, Eugene H. Elias (Jr), The American University, The role of boredom and anxiety in early Heidegger:
- An Analysis of Superficial Boredom and Its Relation to the Boring Object Heidegger does not begin his analysis of "superficial boredom" with boredom itself but with what is boring, or the boringness of a boring object.
2005, Elizabeth Cody Kimmel, Lily B. on the Brink of Cool:
- Friends with me, the poster child for imperfection and boringness.
state of being boring