Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /buˈdwɑɹ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbuːdwɑː/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
boudoir (plural boudoirs)
- A woman's private sitting room, dressing room, or bedroom.
- 1834, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Francesca Carrara, volume 1, page 118:
- The Duchesse's boudoir was fitted up in a style of luxury utterly different from anything before familiar to the Carraras.
Strictly refers only to a woman’s room, but sometimes used informally or humorously by men to refer to their inner sanctum.
woman's private room — see bower
boudoir m (plural boudoirs)