- (informal) The ability to recover from bad circumstances.
- 2005, Peter McConnell, Cold-Blooded Killer:
- I think about him everyday, wondering why he gave up, he had so much to live for, he just didn't have that bouncebackability!
- 2010, Des Dearlove, The Unauthorized Guide to Doing Business the Richard Branson Way, page xiv:
- One of Branson's enduring strengths is his ability to absorb punches, to take the rough with the smooth. He has bouncebackability […]
- circa 2011, Anette Ratz, Skipjack, in Liederbuch & Songbook:
- I'ma skipjack, I'ma roly-poly doll,
- I'ma tumbler, what a funny toy.
- And my best quality is my bouncebackability.
- (ability to recover from adversity): resilience