- (informal) The ability to recover from bad circumstances.
2005, Peter McConnell, Cold-Blooded Killer:
- I think about him everyday, wondering why he gave up, he had so much to live for, he just didn't have that bouncebackability!
2010, Des Dearlove, The Unauthorized Guide to Doing Business the Richard Branson Way, page xiv:
- One of Branson's enduring strengths is his ability to absorb punches, to take the rough with the smooth. He has bouncebackability […]
- circa 2011, Anette Ratz, Skipjack, in Liederbuch & Songbook:
- I'ma skipjack, I'ma roly-poly doll,
- I'ma tumbler, what a funny toy.
- And my best quality is my bouncebackability.
- (ability to recover from adversity): resilience