Jump to navigation Jump to search
Of unknown origin.
- (obsolete) drink, especially alcoholic drink
- (obsolete) a carouse; a booze
- 1858, Carlyle, Thomas, History of Friedrich II of Prussia, volume 1, Chapman and Hall, published 1873, page 192:
- Six-and-twenty years of prison; the first seventeen years of it strict and hard, almost of the dungeon sort; the remainder, on his fairly abdicating, was in another Castle, that of Callundborg in the Island of Zealand, 'with fine apartments and conveniences,' and even 'a good bouse of liquor now and then,' at discretion of the old soul.
- (obsolete) To drink immoderately; to carouse; to booze.
bouse f (plural bouses)