Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, intransitive) To feed (a baby) milk via the breasts; to suckle; to nurse.
- This is a designated place for mothers to breastfeed their babies.
- She stopped breastfeeding after a few months.
- 1989 February 6, Jonathan Frakes, Brian Thompson, A Matter of Honor (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Paramount Domestic Television, →OCLC:
- RIKER: Isn't that gagh?
KLAG: Very good. You did some research on our nutritional choices.
RIKER: Yes but- it's still moving.
KLAG: Gagh is always best when served live. Would you like something easier?
KLAG: Yes, if Klingon food is too strong for you, perhaps we could get one of the females to breast feed you.
- (chiefly of a baby, intransitive) To nurse, to suck milk from a breast.
- 2013, Baby-Led Breastfeeding: Follow Your Baby’s Instincts, →ISBN, page 281:
- Avoid using a bottle until confident your baby is breastfeeding effectively.
- boobfeed (informal)
feed a baby milk via the breasts
breastfeed (plural breastfeeds)