Jump to navigation Jump to search
- With a breeze blowing, with a lively wind, pleasantly windy.
- (figuratively) With a cheerful, casual, lively and light-hearted manner.
- 1971, Carole King; Toni Stern (lyrics and music), “It's Too Late”, in Tapestry, Ode Records, performed by Carole King:
- It used to be so easy living here with you / You were light and breezy and I knew just what to do / Now you look so unhappy and I feel like a fool
- 2012 July 18, Scott Tobias, “The Dark Knight Rises”, in AV Club:
- Though Bane’s sing-song voice gives his pronouncements a funny lilt, he doesn’t have any of the Joker’s deranged wit, and Nolan isn’t interested in undercutting his seriousness for the sake of a breezier entertainment.
exposed to the breezes