Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable, uncountable) A thick heavy fabric into which raised patterns have been woven, originally in gold and silver; more recently any cloth incorporating raised, woven patterns.
- An item decorated with brocade.
- Any of several species of noctuid moths such as some species in the genera Calophasia and Hadena
- 2016, P.P. Mary et al, Akshay Kumar Chakravarthy et al, editors, Arthropod Diversity and Conservation in the Tropics and Sub-tropics, Springer, →ISBN:
- Other species considered occasional migrants have become established in the UK in recent years, such as the ... sombre brocade, Blair's mocha, Flame brocade, and Clifden nonpareil.
- To decorate fabric with raised woven patterns.
decorate fabric with patterns
- ^ Brown, Lesley The New shorter Oxford English dictionary on historical principles. pub. Clarendon Oxford 1993 isbn=0-19-861271-0}}