See also: Buckeye
buckeye (plural buckeyes)
- Any of several species of trees of the genus Aesculus.
- Any of several species of the related Mexican buckeye (genus Ungnadia).
- The seed or fruit of these plants.
- (US, slang) A native or resident of the American state of Ohio.
- The Junonia coenia butterfly.
- (US) A confection made from peanut butter fudge partially dipped in chocolate to leave a circle of peanut butter visible, supposed to resemble the nut of the Ohio buckeye tree.
tree of the genus Aesculus
tree of the genus Ungnadia
resident of the American State of Ohio