Jump to navigation Jump to search
céu m (plural céus)
- O céu é azul. ― The sky is blue.
- 1965, Amália Rodrigues, “Fado Português”:
- O Fado nasceu um dia, / quando o vento mal bulia / e o céu o mar prolongava, / na amurada dum veleiro, / no peito dum marinheiro / que, estando triste, cantava.
- Fado was born one day, / when the wind was blowing hard / and the sky was extending the sea, / in the bulwark of a ship, / in the chest of a sailor / who, being sad, was singing.
- 2003, J. K. Rowling, Lya Wyler, Harry Potter e a Ordem da Fênix, Rocco, page 246:
- Então continuaram a estudar enquanto o céu lá fora se tornava gradualmente mais escuro.
- Then they continued to study while the sky outside was becoming gradually darker.
This word can be used in the singular or plural indiscriminately. Plural usage tends to be more poetic.