Jump to navigation Jump to search
caoi f (genitive singular caoi, nominative plural caíonna)
Declension of caoi
Forms with the definite article
- ar aon chaoi (“at any rate, anyway, anyhow”, adverb)
- cén chaoi? (“how?”, adverb)
- cuir caoi ar (“put in order, fix, repair; fix up”, verb)
- sa chaoi go (“so that, in order that”)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.|
- C. Marstrander, E. G. Quin et al., editors (1913–76), “cáe”, in Dictionary of the Irish Language: Based Mainly on Old and Middle Irish Materials, Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, →ISBN
- “caoi” in Foclóir Gaeḋilge agus Béarla, Irish Texts Society, 2nd ed., 1927, by Patrick S. Dinneen.
- "caoi" in Foclóir Gaeilge-Béarla, An Gúm, 1977, by Niall Ó Dónaill.