captain + -cy
captaincy (countable and uncountable, plural captaincies)
- The rank or status of a captain.
- The jurisdiction of a captain.
- 1828 Juan van Halen - Narrative of Don Juan Van Halen's Imprisonment in the Dungeons of the Inquistion at Madrid
- He obtains a captaincy in the Catalonian army
- 1859 Garcilaso de la Vega, Christóbel de Acuña, Clements Robert Markham - Expeditions Into the Valley of the Amazons
- The territory bathed by this river belongs to the captaincy of Benito Maciel the father.