Jump to navigation Jump to search
- captour (obsolete, rare)
captor (plural captors)
- One who is holding a captive or captives.
- One who catches or has caught or captured something or someone.
- (one holding a captive): guard, jailer, kidnapper
- (one who catches someone or something): arrester, nabber
one who is holding a captive
one who has captured something or someone
- captor in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- captor in Charles du Fresne du Cange’s Glossarium Mediæ et Infimæ Latinitatis (augmented edition, 1883–1887)
- captor in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette