cascara (plural cascaras)
- A North American buckthorn (Frangula purshiana, syn. Rhamnus purshiana) whose bark is used as a laxative.
- Dried coffee cherry fruit used in teas and other drinks. Also called coffee cherry tea.
- Carpenter, Murray, Cascara 'Tea': A Tasty Infusion Made From Coffee Waste, US, NPR The Salt, December 1, 2015
- Judkis, Maura, Cascara — a soda made from coffee cherries — could be this summer’s ‘it’ drink, Washington DC, Washington Post, May 10, 2017
- Hardle, Anne-Marie, Now is the Time for Cascara, Bangkok Thailand, SIIR Vol 6 No 5, 2017