case in point
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An example that illustrates a point.
- 1837, Ellen Marriage, The Two Poets, translation of original by Honoré de Balzac:
- But philosophers inform us that old age is apt to revert to the habits of youth, and Sechard senior is a case in point—the older he grew, the better he loved to drink.
- example in point
- (an example that illustrates a point): precedent, example, instance, illustration, representative
example that illustrates a point
- Case in point, World Wide Words