Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Cassis
- The blackcurrant plant, Ribes nigrum; the flavor of its berries
- A liqueur made from these berries, especially crème de cassis.
- Cassis and soda is a popular drink.
- 1972, Evan Hunter, Every Little Crook and Nanny (page 132)
- The bartender looked at her malevolently for a moment, shook his head, and walked away to mix the drink. "I never had one of those, those vermouth cassises," Freddie said.
- A wine flavor note, suggesting the fruity and full-bodied characteristics of the fruit.
A liqueur made from these berries
A wine flavor note, suggesting the fruity and full-bodied characteristics of the fruit
cassis m (plural cassis)
- blackcurrant (fruit)
- “cassis” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).