Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A stick designed to goad cows, steers, and similar animals in order to prompt them to move in a desired direction, now usually electrified to administer a stimulating shock to the animal.
- (figuratively) Something used to goad or push someone to act.
- (figuratively) to goad or push someone to act
- They cattle prodded people trying to get them to move, but to no avail.
- Web site locks streams at highest resolution to cattle prod users to pay higher bandwidth fees.
- cattle prod at OneLook Dictionary Search