cc (plural ccs or cc's)
- Initialism of carbon copy.
- Initialism of closed caption.
- Initialism of courtesy copy.
- Initialism of cubic centimeter.
cc pl (plural only)
- Abbreviation of chapters.
cc (third-person singular simple present cc's, present participle cc'ing, simple past and past participle cc'ed or cc'd or cc:d)
- (Internet, transitive) Short for carbon copy: to add an additional recipient to the CC line of an e-mail message.
- Synonyms: carbon copy, copy
2012, Doug Fine, quoting Colleen Brand, Too High to Fail: Cannabis and the New Green Economic Revolution, Penguin, →ISBN:
Please cc me so I stay on top of any situations that might come up & I can be sure we get you answers right away.
2014, Alexandra Samuel, Work Smarter, Rule Your Email, Harvard Business Review Press, →ISBN:
For messages I'm cc'd on by people within my company, with the exception of a handful of senior execs (including my direct supervisor), whose cc's continue to go to my primary inbox.