From "cdesign proponentsists", a typographic splicing of design proponents into c[reation]ists, in a 1987 draft for the book Of Pandas and People when, after the US Supreme Court ruled that teaching creationism in US state schools was unconstitutional, the terms creationism and creationists were replaced by intelligent design and design proponents.
cdesign proponentsist (plural cdesign proponentsists)
- (Internet, slang, pejorative) creationist
2011 April 8, J, Frank, “Re: Warning to the NON-Christians in this group”, in alt.politics.homosexuality, Usenet, message-ID <email@example.com>:
- But you must not like him because he appointed Judge Jones, who ruled against the cdesign proponentsists, calling their nonsense "breathtaking inanity."
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:cdesign proponentsist.
- Of Pandas and People on Wikipedia.en.Wikipedia:Of Pandas and People#Pandas and "cdesign proponentsists"
- RationalWiki: Cdesign proponentsists