Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (North Wales) IPA(key): /kɛvn/
- (South Wales) (standard) (colloquial) IPA(key): /kɛvn/, [ˈkʰɛvn̩]
- back, rear; (figuratively) support, second; body as needing clothing, etc.
- support, ridge; butt of ploughed land between two parallel furrows; opening furrows of such a butt; (biblical) furlong; vertical fissure or fault in a rock
- middle, centre
Terms derived from cefn
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- “cefn”, in Geiriadur Prifysgol Cymru Online (in Welsh), University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh & Celtic Studies, 2014