Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Declension of ceist
Forms with the definite article
- ceisteach (adjective)
- ceistigh (verb)
- croscheist (“cross-question”)
- focheist (“minor, subordinate question; odd, occasional inquiry”)
- i gceist (“in question”)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- Bu toigh leam beagan cheistean a chur air an duine sin. - I would like to ask that man a few questions.
- Cha robh ceist air a chur air. - No question had been put to him.
- problem, dispute, controversy
- tha, gun cheist - yes, indeed, undoubtedly
- tha, a cheist - yes, darling